Yoga can help you:
- Release tensions through movement
- Develop your breathing techniques
- Explore your balance and focus
- Build strength, stamina and flexibility
- Reconnect with your creative energy
- Allow you to step into a quieter place within
- Rediscover your sense of joy
I am an established teacher, happy to teach anyone who wants to explore yoga. You will have time in class to experience your own body through movement, breath awareness and meditation.
I recommend a book called The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar.
- Desikachar believes all movements, balance, concentration and breathing techniques are best practiced according to each person’s needs.
- As you develop self-awareness you learn what is best for you.
The aim of a yoga
- Our yoga ancestors believed that our mind is linked to our heart space, that every action we make has a body-mind connection.
- We can cultivate this awareness within all the practices of yoga. By doing so, we are developing an awareness that we can integrate to all aspects of our life.
- When the mind is connected to the heart space many people experience a fundamental sense of connection.
- Mindfulness has its roots in yoga.