My experience in nursing, yoga, massage and cranio-sacral therapy gives me a broad base of professional skills. I offer individual sessions or classes in both yoga and body-therapy. I continue to update these skills through regular courses and mentoring.
I began to practice body-therapy in 1998. I have completed 1,300 hours of formal yoga studies and began to teach yoga in 2004. In 2008 I established Cancer Conscious Yoga and run Cancer Awareness Workshops for yoga teachers.
- 2014: Instructor on Yoga teacher training - Yoga Alliance RYS 500
- 2014: VTCT - Diploma in Aromatherapy
- 2013: Satyananda Bihar School of Yoga - Prana, The deeper journey
- 2012: AYS Yoga Convention Freedom in Relationship July 22nd-22nd
- 2012: Yoga Retreat with Sandra Sabatini June 23th-30th
- 2011: Psycho-oncology Nurse Training Program, St. James Hospital.
- 2011: Hormone Yoga Therapy - Levels 1, 2 & 3, I.Y.T.A.
- 2011: Massage for People Living with Cancer.
- 2011: Visceral Manipulation with the Barral Institute.
- 2010: Yoga for people living with Cancer British Wheel of Yoga module.
- 2010: Three-year Sadhana Mala Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy program, British Wheel of Yoga accredited.
- 2004: Two-year Yoga Therapy Ireland Teacher Training Course.
- 2004: viniyoga Stage Two Yoga foundation Study Course.
- 2001: Upledger Craniosacral Level Two Workshops.
- 1998: The Institute of Physical Therapy two-year massage course.
- 1984: General Nurse Training Course in St. Vincents Hospital.
CAREER TO DATE:
- 2003-present: Yoga Teacher providing private and individual sessions.
- 2001-present: Body Therapist in South County Dublin.
- 2008-present: Coordinate Cancer Conscious yoga workshops.
- 2005-present: Massage Therapist, Blackrock Hospice, Co. Dublin
- 2010-2012: Yoga Therapist with ARC Cancer Support Services.
- 2004-2009: Yoga Therapist with Lios Aoibheann Cancer Support Centre.
- 2000-2005: Research Nurse with Professor Oliver FitzGerald, SVH, Dublin 4.
- 2000-2005: Practice Nurse with Dr B Fitzpatrick, Donnybrook, Dublin 4.
- 1996-1999: Research Assistant, Endocrine Laboratory, UCD, Dublin 4.
- 1984-1998: Registered General Nurse.
- 1981-1984: General Nurse Training in SVH, Dublin 4.